Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Breastfeeding Education for Pregnant Women with Diabetes Online FREE
Westmead Women’s and Newborn Health offer free breastfeeding information sessions which you are invited to attend. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this education session is run via live online webinar. You can attend from the comfort of your own home.
- You will need to have one of the following
- A desktop computer or laptop with Google Chrome
- An iPad or tablet or
- A Mobile Smart Phone
You need to have diabetes and be at least 34 weeks pregnant to attend this education session.
These sessions run fortnightly on Thursdays for one hour from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
This breastfeeding workshop is designed to give you the right information and support for breastfeeding your baby and is facilitated by a member of the lactation team. It will provide additional information that is not provided in other programs.
- How to prepare for breastfeeding
- Expressing and storing your breast milk prior to baby's birth
- Postnatal care of diabetic women
- How to manage your diabetes in labour
- What happens to you and your baby after birth
- What happens if my baby needs to go to the Special Care Nursery
Bookings Essential: 1 ticket per couple
Any questions email email@example.com