Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Conversations for the Future - Series One
Event will be hosted on Zoom. Joining details will be sent by email prior to the event.
Let's start a conversation. No hidden agenda. No ulterior motives. No sales pitch. Just a conversation.
Imagining a world in which we want to live and work.
Background and reason for these meetings
Many of us talk to our colleagues, friends and family about wanting our world to change. This desire is even more prevalent today. Yet we can feel like we are powerless, on our own and going nowhere. Rather than complain or give up perhaps the answer is to simply start connecting and talking with others.
Connecting with others is more important now as well. We are isolated, restricted in our movement and physical locations. Yet we are free to still meet online. While not ideal it is a forum for discovery through both listening and sharing.
These meetings are intended to be informal, casual and fun. Whilst the conversation topics will be serious and real the idea is to bring a friendly, creative and glass half full possibility approach to the discussion. The way this will be done is with a few guidelines:
- No titles or last names shared unless you want to.
- Creating and holding a space that is present to the group, reflective and respectful.
- Questions to open so we can get to know each other through our interests and expression and less about our titles or what we do.
- Constructive, supportive, encouraging and 'what if' types of exploration on a single topic per meeting.
- Ideally form a group at the start that continues through each meeting but also is flexible for changes in attendees.
The aim is to share the conversation not dominate in one way.
What this is not
These meetings are not intended to be networking, political nor religious in nature. Such aspects may emerge simply through sharing who we are and in our expression but will not be the purpose of the meeting.
More information or questions
Please feel free to contact Jenn directly with any questions.
FREE - $99 AUD