Standard Mental Health First Aid
MHFA training is shown to be associated with improved knowledge, confidence, decreased stigma and an increase in helping.
About this Event
The Standard Mental Health First Aid is a twelve-hour educational course, which teaches practical skills to provide initial support to adults who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves, using a proven, evidence based Action Plan.
Conducted over 2 days, participants will
• Learn how to recognise common mental health problems
• Improve knowledge of mental illnesses, their treatments and appropriate first aid actions
• Increase confidence to provide first aid
• Learn where and how to seek appropriate professional help
• Know how to respond in a crisis situation
Training will be conducted by National and State LiFE Award winner, Wendy French. Wendy is a Master Instructor in MHFA and has presented Mental Health, Suicide Prevention and Suicide Bereavement training in various communities around Australia and has spoken and presented at various National and International conferences and forums - www.talkingabout.net.au
WHAT OTHERS SAY:
“I found Wendy to be so engaging and informative...I was worried that two days would be a long time to spend on this topic but not any stage did I lose focus or feel uninspired, thanks Wendy”
“I cannot commend Wendy French highly enough! A very competent and authoritative presenter of the course material. She has a gentle manner and it’s obvious to see how much she cares about her audience.”
“The best trainer I have come across in 30 years in the work force. Warm, open, knowledgeable, experienced, interesting, interested and instructive.”
“One of the better courses I have attended. Well done, most enjoyable for a very serious issue in the country at the moment.”
RECOGNISING COMMITMENT TO MHFA IN THE WORKPLACE- talk to Wendy about having your organisation recognised as a MHFA Skilled Workplace or for information about implementing MHFA Officers in your workplace.
* Exclusive courses can be conducted in your workplace (minimum charge of 10 participants).
* The Standard MHFA course is endorsed for CPE/CPD points by
• Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
• Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
• Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
• Australian College of Nursing.
All resources, includinglight morning and afternoon tea are provided. Parking is available onsite.
For enquiries phone Wendy French on : 0412 468 666
Terms & Conditions: Bookings are non-refundable but are transferable. Courses are promulgated in advance and are dependent upon minimum numbers. If sufficient numbers are not available, the course will be cancelled and tickets may be transferred to a future course or money will be refunded.