Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Linkedin Training Online: live-stream (2 x half days)
By the end of this intensive short Linkedin training course you'll: - have a better understanding of how to use Linkedin for marketing (for
By the end of this intensive short Linkedin training course you'll:
- have a better understanding of how to use Linkedin for marketing (for finding new business) and for your career (for boosting your online reputation)
- understand how to to use Linkedin's features to your advantage
- and be well on your way to getting Linkedin to work more effectively.
WHERE the Linkedin course is taught
This course is taught online using live video streaming.
Your trainer is there with you live. The class size is also small - so you’ll be able to ask questions. The course comes with a one-month free consultation following the class.
We are based in Sydney and have attendees from all cities in Australia (including Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Newcastle, Wollongong, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast) and NZ (Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch), but you can do this course wherever you are in the world.
To do the course you just need a computer and an adequate internet connection. You will need to download and install Zoom software before the course. Once booked in you'll receive a secure link and password to be part of the course.
WHEN the Linkedin course is being run
The podcast course is comprised of two consecutive mornings - a Thursday and Friday. Each morning runs 9.30am to 1.30pm - with a morning tea break at 11.15am. (Times are Australian Eastern Standard. Convert to your local time.)
It's offered once every few months. Click on the 'Select a Date' button to find the dates we have scheduled.
If you can't make the scheduled dates here, you're welcome to sign up to our email so we can let you know when future courses are on. (We only email every few months and you can unsubscribe anytime.)
HOW the Linkedin training works
- a hands-on day (with your laptop) working to improve your Linkedin profile
- fast, practical tips to help you use Linkedin more effectively
- advice on using Linkedin strategically for business and marketing
- brainstorming and writing to get you thinking and applying strategy
I also use:
- examples of best practice
- live online demonstrations
- a plain English approach to teaching
You’ll walk away with:
- a better profile and better understanding of what you need to do
- ideas and a plan for how to use Linkedin in future
- class notes to take away
- access to other useful learning resources (including guides and videos on how to do it)
- the confidence and inspiration to keep going after the course
WHAT is in the Linkedin course?
The big picture:
- What is Linkedin , why use it, and who’s using it
- How to maximise the effectiveness of Linkedin
- How to search engine optimise your profile
- The role of content marketing and thought leadership on Linkedin
- How to generate sales leads using Linkedin
How to maximise the effectiveness of Linkedin (by key features):
- Profile and Executive Summary – what to write and how to write it
- Connections – who to connect with and and how to use Connections
- Groups – which to join and how to use them
- Recommendations – why do them and what to write
- Companies – which to follow and how to set up and use your Company page
- Content/Updates – what content to share and how it can be useful
- Skills – how to set up and manage Skills
- Search – how to use it to find leads
- How to stop receiving unwanted emails from Linkedin
- How to stop bombarding your Linkedin contacts with unnecessary info
- How to see who’s viewed your profile
WHY learn about Linkedin?
You can use Linkedin to:
- generate leads and opportunities - for both marketing and finding work
- control what people find out about you in google searches
- build relationships with potential customers
- focus attention on your strengths and build your personal brand
- position yourself as a leader in their field and build brand value
WHO should do the course?
This Linkedin training course is for people who:
- have made a start on Linkedin but aren’t sure what to do next
- wondering how Linkedin can help them find business or work
- want to learn how to use LinkedIn more effectively
- or want to change their career (Linkedin can help re-position you)
WHO is teaching the Linkedin course?
My background includes 10+ years experience working in advertising and the media, 10+ years teaching in higher education and 7+ years campaigning online. Since 2008 I've used Linkedin to network, build a reputation, pick up sales leads, promote causes and find staff.
I've worked in leading advertising agencies in Sydney including The Campaign Palace. And on campaigns for clients with large budgets – from Rydges Hotels to Oil of Ulay through to small business, creative startups, charities and causes. I set up practical advertising programs at Charles Sturt University and the University of Western Sydney.
I've run Linkedin training in-house for organisations such as Fitness First, the NSW Government, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff and the Walshe Travel Group. I've had senior people attend this public Linkedin course from QANTAS and the NRMA.
Want to talk to the Linkedin instructor?
If you'd like to know more, you're welcome to call me (Phil Stubbs) at the School on 0403 517 242. (The number is +61 403 517242 from outside Australia.)
Or email phil(at)mediaschool.com.au
Can't make the current course date?
We can let you know when the next course is on by email.
(You can unsubscribe at any time.)
Interested in other digital marketing courses?
As well as Linkedin, we offer other short courses in social media marketing, podcasting and blogging.
What people are saying about our Linkedin training
Here are some comments from people who've attended our courses -
"Very practical course. Feel like I have the tools to make Linkedin work for the business now. Phil was very patient and went out of his way to help me get over the line."
~ Rene van der Loos, General Manager, NRMA Living Well Navigator
"Great workshop. Revolutionised the way I see Linkedin."
~ Christopher Simpson, Partner, Alchemy Career Management
"Loved the course. Answered my questions and empowered me to comprehensively update my profile."
~ Val Grveski, Change Management Specialist, Office of Finance, NSW Government
Our secret weapons (experience + care)
We're confident you'll get a lot out of this course. We've been working in business, education and the media for over 20 years. We genuinely care about helping people and seeing their business succeed. We'll make the day well worth your time and money.
By all means, get in touch if there's anything you'd like to know more.
Director, Media School.
See our website for our full Refunds Policy.